Join TheCHIVE Charlotte on its 2nd river float down the Catawba River on a Sunday Funday.
It is recommended that you park at the Pump House instead of the Fort Mill dam access area as parking is very limited and you will have to find a ride back once the trip is done.
Best bet is car pooling because the parking lot fills up quick. We want most people to park where we will get out, which is at the Pump house restaurant. The game plan is to stop at the Fort Mill dam access and drop off your tubes. Then drive down to the Pump house restaurant and park the vehicle. Drivers, arrangements to catch a ride back up to the Fort Mill dam access.
The floats will be launched from the Catawba River Access Fort Mill dam. The flotilla will pull out at the Pump house restaurant in Fort Mill, SC.
Please bring whatever you feel necessary for a 4 to 5 hours on the river.
Things to bring
1. A tube
2. Water.....bring water it will be hot. I am sure a few of us will bring a case or 2 but be safe and bring your own bottle or two
1. Cooler tube
2. Beer or alcohol to go in said cooler
3. Water shoes...yes it get rocky in places depending on how high they have the water running that day
4. More beer and water
5. Plastic bags to put electronics / trash in
6. Some way to tie your electronics down…
Second!!! This is a quasi- kid friendly event.
By that, we mean there will be alot of day drinking and goofing off adults. So if your child is old enough or you are okay with them being exposed to this, bring them! However, don't expect the group to be censored to accommodate(I am sure we will all try to start that way but I know this group when all day drinking happens).