Cook And Compete or Just Come To Eat!
We invite you to come out and support the Humane Society of Concord and Greater Cabarrus County. Cabarrus Brewing Company will be hosting our 1st annual Chili Cook Off!
All checks for entry fees or tastings may be mailed to:
Ruth's Memorial Shelter
2010 Wilshire Ct SW
Concord, NC 28025
Please include all contact information with check.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
Patrons may purchase tasting tickets for $10 each in advance and $12 on-site at a central location. This will include 1 People's Choice Award Ticket.
Advanced tickets may be purchased online at Ruth's Memorial Shelter or Princeton's Meow starting August 22, 2018.
Additional People's Choice Award Tickets may be purchased for $2 each.
ONLY the tickets provided by The HSOC will be counted in the final tally. No other will be counted in the determination of the winner.
Cooks competing in the Peoples Choice competition are asked to bring at least two gallons of chili to give out as samples to the public. Servings will be given in 2 oz portion cups. The chili must be prepared at home and warmed up on site. The judging will be people's choice. Feel free to add condiments such as corn bread, sour cream, ect..., it may sway tasters to vote for your chili and remember, the cooks with enough chili to serve to the end of tasting have the best chance of winning.
1. Color — Chili should look appetizing.
2. Aroma — Chili should smell good. This also indicates what is in store when you taste it.
3. Consistency — Chili must have a good ratio between sauce and meat. It should not be dry, watery, grainy, lumpy, or greasy. Vegetarian chili (no meat) is also acceptable for entry, and will not be judged on meat content or lack thereof, but rather on overall flavor.
4. Taste — Taste, above all else, is the most important factor. The taste should consist of the combination of all ingredients.
5. Aftertaste — The aftertaste, or bite, is the heat created by the various types of spices and/or
Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded.
All proceeds from event go directly to supporting our shelters and all the animals in our care.
For Entry or ticket information please email [email protected]